Contact Us Locations
ALMA Bank, headquartered in Long Island City, New York and having 12 branches located throughout Queens, NYC, New Jersey, Brooklyn and the Bronx, brings personal service back to personal banking. We have genuine banking professionals ready to serve our customers, and offer a full range of products and services. ALMA delivers a private banking style experience to our business banking customers. Come join our winning team!
We are currently looking to hire an experienced IT Manager to work out of our office in Clifton, NJ.
The IT Manager is responsible for and oversees the daily IT operations of the Bank. The IT Manager executes information technology objectives, policies, procedures, and solutions as instructed by the IT Director professionally and positively. Oversees the daily operations of critical third-party vendors and service providers to ensure maximum uptime and client service and compliance with regulations, policies, and procedures. Provides guidance and coaching of the IT Team, providing them with the oversight and tools to be efficient, effective, and successful in executing department objectives. This position requires accurate attention to detail, a strong background in banking, technology, virtualization technologies, banking regulations, general IT policy and procedure, and experience with banking core systems, CRM, and management tools.
The IT Manager works collaboratively with the Applications Technology Supervisor and program staff and is responsible for the project and product management of the design, build, and maintenance phases of the Salesforce CRM Platform, online presence, and digital experience for customers and member banks. In addition, the IT Manager coordinates support for the back end of all online platforms, including ensuring the sites, security, systems, databases, content management systems, hosting, and other technical aspects are working, including trouble-shooting and fixing problems when they occur. This position also creates and manages performance analysis and reporting for all online and digital presences.
• Receives, plans out, executes, and is accountable for IT department directives as Bank Management provides.
• Coordinates and administers critical network and IT vendor, outsourcer, and consultant relationships to ensure performance standards are met, contractual requirements are carried out, and any identified problems and enhancements are resolved efficiently and effectively.
• Responsible for ensuring current and future applications and infrastructure are architected securely, efficiently, and effectively.
• To oversee and enhance the Bank's disaster recovery strategy to enable agile resumption of operational systems and networks.
• Ensures compliance to the Bank's policies, legal and government rules, and regulations by assisting in establishing, monitoring, and maintaining policies and procedures.
• To maintain a highly responsive, service-oriented help desk to serve as the "first line of defense" to address and minimize downtime for users.
• To budget resources and cost requirements for the Bank's IT projects. To manage technology vendors and purchases, assuring the lowest total cost of ownership while minimizing the change of early obsolescence.
• Evaluates and recommends digital technology solutions from an ROI and build vs. buy perspective.
• Researches, recommends and implements best practices and solutions for all digital tools (including but not limited to hosting, online widgets, security, permissions, content management systems, QA, databases, redundancy).
• Oversee multiple application development, support testing efforts, technology infrastructure/project management, and/or other technology domains. Organize and control activities of the teams, assign personnel to various projects and direct their activities. Ensure completion of schedules. Responsible for short and long-term staffing planning. Coordinate activities with other managers as required.
• Leads the team and prioritizes tasks to perform preventative maintenance, including the installation of service packs, patches, hotfixes, etc.
• Communicates effectively and accurately, both orally and in written form, technical information with a wide variety of individuals and groups.
• Consistently oversees all IT operating procedures development, ensuring accuracy and effectiveness.
• Assists management with the development and execution of the IT budget and strategic plan.
• Coordinate IT audits and external systems testing such as penetration testing and network assessments. Responsible for ensuring IT audit findings are tracked and resolved in a timely manner.
• Manages and provides coaching and development of IT, staff through continuous feedback, education, and mentoring.
• Maintains and has ownership of the various management resources of the IT team, including tracking/management documents and solutions.
• Creates reporting and metrics around IT department and systems performance, identifying opportunities and strategies for improvement.
• Supports team members' development by focusing on their innate talents and developing those into areas of strengths.
• Listens to and advocates for team members to ensure their engagement needs are met.
• Supports team member performance by establishing annual goals, setting clear expectations, and providing continual coaching.
• Creates a culture of accountability that celebrates progress as often as outcomes.
• Builds relationships that create trust and allow two-way dialogue.
• Other duties as assigned by the IT Director.
• Develops and applies knowledge of the products and services available at the Bank.
• Protects the privacy and confidentiality of client information, other team members, and work.
• Understands and complies with banking regulations by following bank policies and procedures. Stays abreast of relevant regulations, current industry matters, and any changes implemented internally to ensure compliance.
Required Education & Experience
• Minimum of Associates' degree and with 9 years' technology or systems management/leadership experience, or in lieu of a degree, a combined minimum of 11 years' higher education and/or work experience, including a minimum of 9 years' technology or systems management/leadership experience.
• Experience in large system enhancements, conversions, and production problem resolution.
• In-depth knowledge of virtual infrastructure technologies, Microsoft server products, firewall, and networking.
• Expertise in banking core applications, CRM systems, service features, and other digital banking applications.
• FIS Core Banking system and applications experience a strong plus.
• Familiar with database structure, programming, content management; search engine optimization, large-scale content management systems; server and virtual host management; site security; permissions; user-generated content; online communities; social media platforms; RSS; online applications/forms.
• Very good understanding of the system development life cycle.
• Confidence in leading multiple teams, often in different geographic locations and time zones.
• Good written and verbal communication skills and the ability to provide outstanding client service.
Additional Qualifications Include
• Ability to exhibit our values; Think Big, Be People-Centered, Enable Great Things, and Bring your Best.
• Ability to conduct themselves professionally and positively.
• Strong and accurate communication skills and conflict aversion skills.
• Ability to work with others, such as co-workers, supervisors, or clients.
• IT audit and exam process experience.
• Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations.
• Ability to effectively present information one-on-one and in group situations to Bank Board of Directors, Executive Management Team, and Staff.
• Ability to bend, stoop, stand, sit, walk, or use hands repetitively or for prolonged amounts of time
• Lifting (up to 20 pounds occasionally and up to 10 pounds frequently)
• Critical thinking and exemplary judgment and decision-making
• Social perceptiveness and active listening
• Mathematical, problem-solving, and time management skills
• Willingness to learn and take on various tasks assigned by the supervisor
• Friendly delivery of client service
Hours of Work & Travel
• Full Time, regular employment
• 40 hours per week.
• May work weekends or after hours as needed to facilitate maintenance activities
• Infrequent travel may be required for this position.
Alma Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reason protected by law.
No Agencies Please
Open An Account
© Copyright 2023 ALMA Bank - All rights Reserved.
Your privacy is very important to us. We would like to advise you that Internet email is not secure. Please do not submit any information that you consider confidential. We recommend you do not include your social security or account number or other specific identifying information.
You are leaving ALMA Bank's website and linking to a third party site. Please be advised that you will then link to a website hosted by another party, where you will no longer be subject to, or under the protection of, the privacy and security policies of ALMA Bank. We recommend that you review and evaluate the privacy and security policies of the site that you are entering. ALMA Bank assumes no liability for the content, information, security, policies or transactions provided by these other sites.